Re: Draft comparisons

I have in fact encouraged them to visit your site for a good overview of the
docs and background.  And yes, we have discussed the open board meeting issue.

Esther

At 11:59 AM 07/02/99 -0800, Ellen Rony wrote:
>Esther Dyson wrote:
>
>>It ain't over yet! Thanks so much.  How can we cheer you on?
>
>Well, since you asked, I'll resist the temptation to list my outstanding
>debts (!) and simply say that for starters, you could get the board members
>to understand the notion that closed board meetings are *NEVER* going to be
>acceptable to the community whose resources ICANN has been designated to
>manage.
>
>And, some shameless self promotion here, you might encourage all the board
>members to read The Domain Name Handbook to better familiarize themselves
>with the issues under discussion (see www.domainhandbook.com/order.html).
>Since we were told the ICANN board was selected for its lack of DNS
>involvement (Jun Murai notwithstanding), I think they need to educate
>themselves very quickly about the people, organizations and issues which
>have been the subject of many thousands of hours of discussion over the
>past three years.
>
>Since you asked. . . .
>

>Ellen Rony                                                     Co-author
>The Domain Name Handbook                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
>================================  // ===================================
>ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /             +1 (415) 435-5010
>erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                    Tiburon, CA
>                                   //  \\   "Carpe canine"
>    Join the GREY RIBBON CAMPAIGN to bring ICANN out of the shadows.
>                See http://www.domainhandbook.com/icannt.html

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"