Re: .NU Domain Has a Governance Model

At 09:57 3/02/99 -0400, J. William Semich (NIC JWS7) wrote:
>Hello;
>
>The following press release, put out by the Internet Users Society -
>Niue (IUS-N) and .NU Domain Ltd today, is probably the first formal
>public statement by a ccTLD Administrator and Designee on its defined
>rights and obligations under RFC 1591 and how it is now managing and
>plans to continue to maintain those obligations:
>
>http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/990203/ma_nu_doma_1.html

Bill,

I would like to congratulate you for the success of the .nu domain.
I read the press release with interest, but apart from the strong assertion
of RFC 1591 and a commitment to invite Government participation in all
meetings and planning efforts, I did not really see a "Governance Model".

Are all registrants under .nu automatically members of the IUS-N? (the IANA
delegatee)

"The IUS-N is a private, tax exempt charitable foundation, which was
founded in 1997 by J. William Semich in the US and others in Niue with the
aim of using .NU domain
name registration fees to fund the high costs of satellite-based Internet
connectivity in Niue."

I would think that the Governance Model of the foundation is the one that
needs to be studied for elements that are worth following elsewhere.
Could you make them available?

--Joop--
http://www.democracy.org.nz/