Population and governance.

I found two items of interest, on addresses population of Internet users.
The other should be of direct interest for ICANN MAC, and DNSO drafters.

forwarded from:
>Date:         Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:03:24 -0400
>Sender: Wendy Rickard Bollentin <editor@ISOC.ORG>
>From: Wendy Rickard <rickard@RICKARDGROUP.COM>
>Subject:      ISOC Forum (Vol. 5, No. 2)
>To: ISOC-FORUM@listserv.isoc.org

>"In January 1999, less than three years from the beginning
>of this project, the online population [in Taiwan] has
>reached 3 million. This is an important milestone to us."
>
>-- Gary Gong, Taiwan Chapter of the Internet Society,
>commenting on Taiwan's rise in Internet users in Taiwan from
>500,000 in September 1996 to 3 million in January 1999.

>INTERNET FIESTA UPDATE
>
>* GLOBAL INTERNET LIBERTY CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED
>The Internet Society France plans to sponsor a virtual
>session of parliament in March to vote on a law governing
>the Internet during the second annual Fete de l'Internet
>French Internet Day. The session is intended to allow all
>interested Internet users to participate in the entire
>process of drafting, revising, and passing a law, ISOC
>France said in a statement. The French senate, which is
>working alongside ISOC to put on the event, will then pass a
>mock law, based on user input. The real-world event, called
>"Internet Law: Conquering a Global Village," will take place
>19-29 March. For more information, see ISOC France at
>http://www.isoc.asso.fr/, France's Internet Festival at
>http://www.isoc.asso.fr/fete99/index.html.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!