Re: .NU Domain Has a Governance Model

Hello Michael;

>I think the DNSO and ICANN would be very well advised to do
>exactly what Bill Semich suggests, as an immediate and practical
>work to be organized and accomplished: study this and other
>well-functioning models, codify them as a set of principles and
>practical implementations, including channels of communication
>between governments, educational institutions, commercial
>organizations, etc., and put into the DNSO and ICANN bylaws
>working mechanisms for establishing cooperative, private
>administration of the ccTLDs.

Actually, and most appropriately, it is my belief that this should be
the model for building a future governance system for *gTLDs*.

It happens that ccTLDs are already running under it (RFC 1591), which is
the point of my press release.

There need to be some governing principls for the gTLD registries of the
future....I suggest they start with RFC 1591

Regards,

Bill Semich (NIC JWS7)
bsemich@mail.nu
.NU Domain (Niue)