Re: .NU Domain Has a Governance Model

J. William Semich (NIC JWS7) a écrit:

> Hello Michael;

> >I think the DNSO and ICANN would be very well advised to do
> >exactly what Bill Semich suggests, as an immediate and practical
> >work to be organized and accomplished: study this and other
> >well-functioning models, codify them as a set of principles and
> >practical implementations, including channels of communication
> >between governments, educational institutions, commercial
> >organizations, etc., and put into the DNSO and ICANN bylaws
> >working mechanisms for establishing cooperative, private
> >administration of the ccTLDs.
>
> Actually, and most appropriately, it is my belief that this should be
> the model for building a future governance system for *gTLDs*.

You're right, of course. Why don't you work up some wording for a Committee
of the DNSO to study this and propose a model to the NC? This is precisely
the sort of immediate practical implementation of the new DNSO that can put
it on its feet and make it functional. There's no need at all to wait until
it's invested by ICANN, at least no need to wait for making a Committee
proposal.

Helping to define the work of the DNSO committees will be a big help in
conceptualizing the DNSO proposals, which until now have lacked any
practical focus for internal organization. As a matter of fact, what's
stopping you and Dr. Lisse and others from simply forming an ad hoc
committee to outline a study, right now? Doing this within the DNSO and
putting mechanisms for such Committees into the proposals would be a giant
step forward.