RE: OFF TOPIC - East Timor ccTLD servers attacked

My thougt, that it is in common to have new ccTLD
on behaf of *nation* or *country* from IANA at that time.
Since East Timor is not a country, and IANA agreed to ISO
Standard Name and Country Code [RFC#], so, dot tp is not
longer to live, until it is declared as a country by UN.

Its better to ask *iana* for this.

cheers,
-teddy-

At 08:25 PM 1/27/99 -0600, John B. Reynolds wrote:
>Before you start jumping to conclusions (like Connect-Ireland already has),
>read the Slashdot thread on this topic.  The available evidence suggests
>that the attackers of the .tp domain are more likely to have been apolitical
>pranksters than Indonesian interests.  Indonesia would have been unlikely to
>add "need.tp" to the zone as its first act upon gaining control.

Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia [APJII]
Indonesian Internet Service Provider Association
Grha Citra Caraka [GCC], TELKOM Bldg, Mezzanine Fl.
Jln Jend Gatot Subroto 52, Jakarta 12710 - INDONESIA
NOC-1: GCC
NOC-2: R23, 1st Fl, INDOSAT Bldg.
             Jln Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 21, Jakarta 10110
I: http://www.apjii.or.id
V:+62-21 526 8777
F:+62-21 526 8789
E: sekjen@apjii.or.id