The DNSO is a special interest group now

It has come to my attention that significant discussions are taking place on
the Participants list that have significant impact on the DNSO and its policies.

This is UNACCEPTABLE, as it implicitly excludes a very large portion of the
stakeholder community.

As long as the DNSO continues to hold private non-open discussions, it is
nothing more than a special interest group server the interests of CORE/PAB and
not at ALL dedicated to truly representing all stakeholders in the domain name
industry.

It is time for the DNSO to open its participants list or to move ALL discussion
to the Discuss list, and carry NO substantive discussions on private or closed
lists.

If it does not do so, and soon, movements to setup an alternative DNSO to apply
to ICANN will develop, and present a serious and compelling case for
recognition.

Those that will oppose a closed special interest DNSO have a loud voice, and
while we differ on many things, we will unite on our consensus points to oppose
the acceptance of the DNSO application unless and until it begins taking open
processes and open input seriously and stops just paying lip service to it.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 16-Dec-98 / Time: 23:28:02