DNSO Intentions made clear

<Quoted Text starts>
"The king is dead! Long live the king. Killing a document doesn't kill the
sentiments behind it. The ITU represents a specific mindset and view of public
policy. Americans have had their way in opposing it in certain quarters, but the
ITU's constituency lives on.

The gTLD-MoU may be dead in name, but its proponents still hold positions of
great influence at major corporations in Europe and elsewhere."
<Quoted Text ends>

The above statement was emailed to me privately, but I feel so strongly that
this statement must be made public, that I have violated my own rule of not
publicly posting private comments (and I will take the heat for it).  I will
not attribute it to anyone in particular, the person who wrote it may choose to
claim it he if wants.  Right now there is too much at stake for all of us for
me to worry about the heat I may take for posting this.

The reason I wanted to post it was because it shows the mind frame of the
gTLD-MoU supportors, and shows that there is indeed a serious and significant
basis for the accusations being leveled at the DNSO.

Members like this see it as only an oppotunity to secure their own lost glory
and vision, at the expense of the rest of the stakeholders, who are only getting
a token nod at best.

This comment was posted privately and not public, I must presume, only because
if it had been made publicly would only by proof of the motives of this DNSO
and its leadership.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 18-Dec-98 / Time: 23:29:26