[comments-wgb] Protecting Globally Famous Trademarks

I think the solution for protecting globally famous trademarks should be done through innovative technological methods (see my comments): http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-wipo/Arc01/msg00012.html.   I just feel that if TM's are forever linked with a domain name, that would give the big corporations the green light to trademark several types of names to "cover" there assets.  I don't think ICANN should involve itself with this issue....if you do...then you will become trademark police (court function) instead of overseeing a stable DNS, that promotes competition and offers choice (in domain names)....Let the free market system work.  Remember in a civilized society we must enforce our existing laws to gain control...That is why most countries on the net have passed tough cybersquatting laws....This whole issue I believe (which big companies are fighting tooth and nail) will be the equivalent of a technological slowdown of immense proportions, as once multiple restrictions are in place on new gTLDs, further groups will come out wanting restrictions possibly on certain colors on a web page as (colors can be TM'd as well)....Pretty soon we could see only black and white monitors so as to appease a certain group..Where will it stop.....YOU know I am right on this one...YOU Just have to try and limit your control over this issue, which I believe is hard for governmental bodies to do...If you do...everybody wins...

I think this group (b) should be inviting software engineers and other like minded individuals to come up with innovative ways to protect this constituency (business community) as they deserve that much....and if they use my idea (see link above)----Great....if not maybe someone else out there has an idea....THIS is the way to go...let the solutions for this problem come from the people, not from a body of government.  The body of government should be limited to overseeing, not trying to create more red tape and loop holes.

.Again...as always, my opinions are my own and if you disagree or agree for that matter, write an email to this group (B) and let them know what you think....If you don't send in your comments then what happens this summer (will) probably not turn out how you would like it too.....