Re: [comments-gtlds] pre-registrations

mesabi@dotcomnow.com wrote:

> Concerning pre-registrations.   They should be viewed
> just as any other speculation is viewed in our economy.
> The speculator is taking the chance, and should be given his/her
> reward if things work out.

True, however there is a perception that these are NEW gTLDs, and that
popular names (no longer available in .com, .net, or .org) will be
available.  I would have less concern about preregistrations if the
media more accurately reported that there are live registries holding
data that are just waiting for inclusion in the IANA root.

--gregbo