[comments-gtlds] New Gtlds

Sir/Madam

 I am an intellectual property attorney with substantial experience in
all areas concerning domain names.  I believe that ".web" should be
approved as a new gtld, given:

  (1) its ease of recognizability (everyone knows what the web is);

  (2) its similarity to ".net", allowing for ease of consumer
transition;

  (3) IoDesign.com's prospector rights claim to the name, being the
longest-running alternative gtld registrar (I am in no way affiliated
with IoDesign); and

  (4) the trend for all technology, communications and entertainment to
move towards web-based applications.

Sincerely,

D. Alexander Floum, Esq.

* The views represented in this e-mail to not necessarily reflect the
views of the The Schinner Law Firm.
begin:vcard
n:Floum;Alex
tel;fax:(415) 369-9053
tel;work:(415) 369-9050
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:The Schinner Law Group
version:2.1
email;internet:floum@schinner.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;40 First Street, 4th Floor=0D=0A;San Francisco;CA;94105;
fn:D. Alexander Floum, Esq.
end:vcard