[comments-gtlds] To those that Disagree with NEW gTLD's...I am sorry

Whoah...where do I start....there are a couple of individuals that have sent in NO votes for new gTLD's that have a lot of dot com's on their hands (hoping "no new domains" are created)...and are trying to sell them...In fact the gentlemen who left a comment about the .web names (who I will not mention) has a domains for sale on GreatDomains (showcase)...He makes a nice plea for no new domains, but isn't it a little self serving????   Yes there will be speculators...anything...land...stocks...etc are being speculated on right now.   What can be done??  You can restrict people from whatever it is they do....(I call that oppressive and obstrusive).....or you can try to make everyone happy...give everyone a short, easy to remember domain name...(not going to happen).....If I am right with 6 to 10 domain names being proposed to come out, and with about 4 billion combonations a piece you might come close at making everyone happy...however those trademark owners with names like TheStoreIsOpen.com may not be as happy....I am sorry folks (those that have long trademarked names)...don't fear someone trying to cybersquat those kinds of names....Furthermore you shouldn't be worried if you have a trademarked name...Congress (US) passed a cybersquatting bill that went (I think) a little to far, but was needed....I think you will have some elements of people trying to secure trademarked domains, but you will notice no one is buying those...and neither are the companies....So PLEASE don't worry about lawyers, buying extra domain names, etc if they open up with 6 to 10 new gTLD's....if anything it will give more choices and give cybersquatters (they should be called cyberpirates...cybersquatter is lame) less chance to converge on the .com domain names that are in short supply...Have you ever thought about that...that if someone does cybersquat a .com name with another close .com name...there is little that you can do if you don't want to sue....Remember if you want to get another name you might have to settle for QuitSittingOnMyDomain.com....GET THE POINT...SIDE NOTE:  I do agree however that after the domain names when they are uploaded to the root servers that their be a thorough study to see the effects...How can you tell if there will be harm done if you don't test the waters (6 to 10 would be enough to do that)....Lastly I would like to wrap this up with a comment about preregistered domains...I read the comments from some of the board members that were made on 4/10/00... someone from the board left a link to their emails on this page (for that purpose I can only guess)....Anyways...I think it is appalling for a board member to say that "They should let those who have bought new gTLD's" pay for their stupidity (It wasn't worded quite that way...but very close)...I am sorry sir you feel that way...however being a veteran in this industry I say the people should be able to buy what they want, when they want (if it is available---if they weren't their for the early worm...you know the rest of story...) ....IF you go into the search engine Google you can find a lustrious history between ICORE and the registrars that prove their was at least in agreement that it was ok for the selected registrars preregister domain names.....Ain't saved emails left on a server a b-----!  So with that I hope for the few members on the board that feel that these legitimate registrations be "wiped clean" is unethical and furthermore, an incorrect view.....And in response to what your probably going to say...everyone has had a fair chance to registar a proposed new gTLD....Do a search on the internet under DotWeb and you will find IOD...They aren't hiding themselves...nor is WHOIS international..which I respect...also they have been in the news....For those that will say that "Computer.web" is gone...."Internet.web" is gone...well for one...what would be different on day one of the official link up to the root servers...there a programs that will snatch those names up in a heartbeat....HERE is what I am trying to say...My wife just recently opened a new restaraunt....they opened the store without tellling everyone the exact day they were going to be opened...REASON...they would have been overwhelmed...service would be slow...etc...etc...SO what they did was allow people from the community to come it at will...usually it was customers that happened to drive buy and see that the lights were on and it was open.....After they had been up and running they finally announced the grand opening.....Makes sense don't it..SO if someone says they missed out (and there will be some that will...even after the "Grand Opening")....they didn't happen to drive buy a see that the "lights" were on and weren't able to buy at the time they wished to...however because it's new...there is plently to go around.....Thanks for taking the time to read this whether your for or against new gTLD's...It's good to be able to voice your opinions...Good job ICANN!!