[registrars] Re: Too much noise from Canada indeed

At 22:07 25-04-2000 -0400, Timothy Denton wrote:
>Your dyspeptic remarks are noted, for what they are worth. It should not be
>necessary to remark that the Internet is a world wide system of
>communication. "Too much noise from Canada" indeed. Try to imagine what you
>sound like!

Dear Tim:

I thought you attorneys were supposed to have a thicker skin than that.

We had a joint meeting between the American Chamber of Commerce and French
Chamber of Commerce yesterday at which Mme. Christie Lagarde was the
speaker.  She's the new ChairMAN of the Baker and McKenzie Executive
Committee.  She gave us some interesting perspectives on the personalities
of attorneys (not to say that *she* said they have a thick skin).

You speak of yourself as "Chairman".  ("Mostly my job as chairman was to
let everyone have a say when fundamental disagreement existed between
strong minded people.")  I am not aware that the Registrar Constituency has
any officer other than our Secretariat.  Certainly, I was not expecting an
outside consultant of one Accredited Registrar to assume the gavel.

I will oppose further ad hoc meetings at which one member brings in a
consultant "mouthpiece" other than to participate -- not lead -- the
discussion.

No offence, it's the nature of our peculiar institution.

Cordially, BobC