Re: [registrars] By-aws, Chaters and AoAs

At 10:54 20-02-2000 +0100, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>One small point of clarifiction: What I presented to the Berlin
>meeting, labelled "Articles of Association", Andrew refers to in some
>of his e-mails as "Charter" and Mike keeps calling "by-laws" are
>exactly the same thing. The same document, I mean. There ar no
>different sets of rules hidden behind those names.

Dear Amadeu:

Thank you for your clarification.

Andrew has now advised me that the posting which appeared to have been from
him was actually from you.  I'm sorry that I was not advised after the
first time that I posted that quotation.  I now remember that you were
traveling and asked Andrew to post it to the list.  I have now found four
postings which included that reference, IMO, none of them were obviously
from you rather than Andrew.

I am greatly concerned that the seven day voting period is, in itself, too
short.  I'll be posting a separate item to that effect.

The Registrar Constituency consists of ICANN Accredited Registrars.  Thus,
the "Member" is a corporate body.  However, those corporate bodies
participate by way of having officers and/or employees attend meetings and
participate in Email threads.  But only one Member may vote.  In the case
of balloting, a designated voting officer or employee expresses the opinion
of the "Member".

The problem is that, while "Members" generally operate seven days per week,
the designated voter for the Member may have vacations, trips, etc. which
often deprive him or her of the opportunity to cast a vote expressing the
of the Member on an issue.

I'll address this issue further in comments on the present ballot which
proposes a 7 day voting period but with unspecified conditions for
shortening the voting period.

Personal regards, BobC