[registrars] Re: Ballot Results Explanation

At 08:13 16-02-2000 -0800, Louis Touton wrote:
>On the other hand, it would also appear inappropriate to simply "adjust"
>the results to count the late-received ballot.  Since that ballot was
>not received by the previously established deadline, counting that
>vote would not be according to regular procedures.

Dear Louis:

I disagree for two reasons.  1. The ballot was not received because of a
technical problem, Michael had not had time to properly add William to the
list of persons permitted to post to the list.  2. According to Andrew, the
"Registrars Constituency Charter" requires a minimum of seven days for the
election. (Please see attachment, below.)

Inasmuch as the ballot was received well within the seven days, the results
should be certified.

Regards, BobC