RE: [registrars] Ballot - remember to vote

Bob,

I think your concerns about GAC operations are entirely valid, but I do not
agree that GAC is telling ICANN how to run things.  GAC is an advisory
committee only - ICANN makes its own choices (even though many of those
choices are contestable).  Obviously, because of the close relationship that
ICANN has with DOC, the GAC gets listened to more than some, but they are
not the only ones with input to how the show is run.

California government will take no steps to change how the GAC is run, as it
is an advisory body to a non-profit organization which itself meets in the
open.  Not to mention the fact that it is a bunch of representatives from
soverign nations.

I don't like the GAC about as much as most people, but unfortunately, we are
going to have to learn to deal with them.  Governments are here to stay.

The real issue you have brought up is a good one.  Efforts to adhere to the
ICANN global diversity requirement seemed to be more based on ethinc
diversity than regional diversity.   I don't know what the solution is, but
complaining about the GAC and its influence on ICANN surely isn't it.  That
argument is going nowhere fast.

Regards,

Josh