[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[registrars] WhoIs Extension WG (proposal)
PSA a proposal for a DNSO Working Group on possible extensions of the
This proposal has been put worfard by Rick Wesson and disucseed with
some registrars. Rick would like it being discussed by the registrars
constituency, in order to make a formal proposal to the Names Council
regrding the establishment of such a WG.
[Rick is not subscribed to this list, so he asks me to fraward the
proposal to you all].
Extentions to Whois (whoisext)
* Rick Wesson <email@example.com>
Description of Working Group:
1. Recommend changes to the whois protocol to support users of languages
other than English.
2. Make recommendations for standards-track protocol extensions to support
a standard query interface.
3. Make recommendations for standards-track protocol extensions to support
a machine readable format.
4. Make recommendations for standards-track protocol for a whois proxy
Goals and Milestones:
* Jan 2000 Issue an Internet-Draft covering issues related to the impact
of a distributed whois and the ICANN/DOC/NSI contracts.
* Feb 2000 Issue an Internet-Draft describing standard query interface
* Mar 2000 Issue an Internet-Draft describing standard machine readable