RE: [registrars] ICANN Funding

At 19:11 25-09-1999 -0400, Richard Forman wrote:

>I will communicate to the TFF that there is still broad support for the
>proportional (variable) fee.

Dear Richard:

I do not support a variable variable, such as A>B>C

I think a fixed fee per registration is appropriate.  Any system which
relieves the largest registraR from equal charges will tend toward cutting
costs for domains with attendant warehousing and even cybersquatting.

I support $1.00/registration across the board.

Is that what you meant by "variable", Richard?

Regards,
BobC