[registrars] Bounced Posting/Zone Files

This message was not posted to the list because it was not sent from your
authorized e-mail. Eeden@verio.net. However, I have posted it to the list
for you. Please keep this in mind for future reference.

From:	Eric Eden <erice@tabnet.com>
Subject:	Zone Files

There has been a question on my mind for some time.  Has ICANN made a
determination if the registry should make the zone files available for
registrars to download for the zones they manage?  Verio uses the zone files
for a number of things, including name availability checking, billing
verification, management of churn, and certain technical functions like
caching and setting up DNS for new domains registered on our servers.
I know that many of the CC TLD registries make the zones available via AXFR
now.  NSI has restricted access to some degree.
Eric