[registrars] Election Results

As a first vote I believe things went OK, but, I am of the opinion that
there is much room for improvement :).  In the next election with the help
of Bob Connelly we will be using a VoteBot to automate the election process.
However, before addressing these technical issues, the group needs to
clarify the voting guidelines as set forth in the by-laws, i.e. vote for the
best person regardless of geographic region or one vote per geographic
region.  I know there has been some discussion in the list about this issue.
All that I require is a clear mandate on how to tally the votes in future
elections.  I DO NOT believe that this issue materially effected the results
of this election, however, it must be addressed immediately.

There may be some individuals that may wish to challenge these results.
Therefore, I have the following options available:

OPTION 1: I have spoken with Andrew McLaughlin at CORE and he said that I
could send the ballots, which I printed out as they were received, to ICANN.
Someone at ICANN would make themselves available to recount the votes and
receive calls by any representative to verify their vote.
OPTION 2: Ken Stubbs only lives a couple of hours north of me.  If he is
willing I could meet him half way and recount the votes with him.

It is my personal opinion that it is not in the group's best interest to
engage in a prolonged squabble over this vote .  This is not meant to
undermine the importance and formality of voting . However, right now OUR
collective concern should be resolving the unconscionable terms contained in
the NSI/Registrar license.

I apologize for the delay in processing these results, however, my wife went
into premature labor last week.  Everything is ok she is on medication and
bed rest.  The new and first addition to our family should be here by early
July. The good news is that the baby will definitely not be late and I will
be able to go to Santiago, Chili.

People that voted:
17 out of the eligible 27 registrars voted: 63%

Michael D. Palage	InfoNetworks
Amadeu Abril		Nominalia
Eric Eden		Verio
Scott McKay		NetBenefit
Per-ander Hurtigh	Ports Information System
Desiree Miloshevic	Virtual Internet
Len Bayles		All West
Suzanne Baylor		Web Trends
Ken Stubbs		CORE
Richard Lindsay		InterQ
Hal Lubsen		Domain Bank
Robert Connelly		PSI-Japan
Maryann McCormick	AT&T
Paul Stahura		eNom
Note: Voted for more than one person in the same geographic region.
According to the by-laws this is acceptable. However, Paul submitted an
alternative vote, i.e. one vote per geographic region if his original vote
was challenged.
Richard Forman		Register.com
Note: Voted for more than one person in the same geographic region.
According to the by-laws this is acceptable.
Jason Hendeles		A Technology Co
Note: According to my e-mail records this vote was received 1 minute after
midnight EDT. It is my opinion that this vote should count.  However, if
someone challenges these elections results I would like this fact to be on
the record.
Clive Flory		Melbourne IT
Note: According to my e-mail records this vote was received 43 minutes after
midnight EDT. It is my opinion that this vote should count.  The e-mail that
was being used by the list serv clive.flory@melbourne.com.au was not Clive's
primary e-mail account clive@ina.com.au. This technical problem has been
resolved to prevent future miscommunications. However, if someone challenges
these elections results I would like this fact to be on the record.

The Results:

ASIA PACIFIC
Richard Lindsay	9
Clive Flory	4
Bob Connelly	5
NORTH AMERCIA
Ken Stubbs	10
Ross Wm. Rader	1
Eric Eden	2
Paul Stahura	1
Richard Forman	2
Len Bayles	1
Michael Palage (write in)	1
EUROPE
Amadeu Abril	14
Desiree Miloshevic	1
[PARA]
I respectfully decline the write-in nomination.  I more than have my hands
full with the responsibilities associated with my Interim Secretariat
position. :)

Therefore, I wish to congratulate the following Interim Names Counsel
representatives for the Registrar Constituency:
Amadeau - Europe
Ken Stubbs - N. America
Richard Lindsay - Asia Pacific

NOTE: The above results included all votes received. The election results
WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN altered if the two late ballots were excluded.