[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Representation on the GNSO WHOIS privacy steerin ggroup (fwd)

Hello Brian...

--On Friday, June 13, 2003 6:13 PM -0400 "Cute, Brian"
<bcute@networksolutions.com> wrote:

> development process.  I have put significant thought to that particular
> issue and believe I can effectively represent the RC's interest in
> achieving a workable solution sooner rather than later.

Brian, I am glad to hear that you have been considering the data mining
issue and other issues related to whois.  During this consideration, have
you had an opportunity to form an opinion on the practice of "data mining"
using various whois mechanisms?  In short, I am asking if you feel this is
an acceptable practice and if so, for what purposes it is acceptable.

Given that we all have to vote on who should fill this position, I feel it
is reasonable to ask this question and for you to answer it.  It is
entirely reasonable for those of us who have to make this selection to have
some basis to make it upon, and the opinions of the nominees on important
whois issues like this one are a legitimate basis.

Further, you said "I can effectively represent the RC's interest..."  What
exactly do you believe the RC's interest is?

I welcome comments on this issue and answers to these questions from all
nominees for this position.

Jim

James W. Archer
CEO