[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Re: Nomination of Mark Jeftovic

Mark,

I was deliberately not commenting on your role on the whois privacy panel.
If one were to ask me about this, I would say you might be well suited to
it, given your technical background.

However, when you made the statement about your position with the CIRA
board, I had to speak up, as I believe it did not characterize the true
situation.

I find it incredible that you are claiming that you have never participated
in any discussions at the board level that only affected our registrars, or
were specific to our Registrars.  I do not believe this to be true.

And I don't believe I have a persecution complex, certainly not from CIRA.
But I do have a problem when our competitors use their position on the CIRA
board to affect our businesses directly and adversely.

But this conflict of interest is an issue that CIRA must deal with
internally, not this consituency.

As I said in my last email to Ross, we are chewing up everyone's bandwidth
on a CIRA discussion.  If you want to give me a call, I would be happy to
discuss it more.

Rob.