[registrars]

[registrars] About Verisign restore reports and restore fees

As I was away for a while (almost 3 years) from
ICANN-policy-decision-based-on-consensus, I would like somebody who can
explain to me in a few words how Verisign was able to get those restore
commands accepted and how they decided of the price U$40 for restoring a
domain seems to me a little bit high. (was even U$85 before).

Also about the reports, Verisign being a thin registry why they need the
registrant information....which is prohibited from the japanese law on
privacy.
If someone could explain that to me I will appreciate.
Thank you
Jean-Michel