[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Conflict of Interest Declaration

> I am not saying that anyone would be dishonest, and I apologize if you
> inferred it as such.

No inference was made - no apology necessary. I was simply a restating
how others had qualified "honest self-disclosure" during the drafting
and discussion of the bylaws. The underlying intention of these
qualifiers boil down to a very simple proposition - those of us that
muck about in the registrar trenches on a day to day basis are qualified
to run - those that don't, shouldn't. As you point out, now that we have
a defined and clear set of bylaws by which we can measure specific
situations, all candidates can be judged by the same yardstick.

Hopefully the amount of attention that we devote to yardsticks becomes
dwarfed by the amount of attention that we devote to the issues we get
beaten with in the trenches.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/