[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Conflict of Interest Declaration

Ross,

I am not saying that anyone would be dishonest, and I apologize if you
inferred it as such. However, registrars have in the past had a difference
of opinion on some rather unambiguous terms :-)

I agree witch hunts are a waste of time. As you recall, I have always been
against the provision from its original proposal because I thought it would
act to prevent otherwise qualified candidates from serving in a leadership
role for the registrar constituency. However, it is in the by-laws so it has
to be complied with.

As you may recall there were several people that defined rather broadly my
work with Afilias. So broadly that I was basically precluded from running
for re-election. I am just trying to make sure that an equal standard is
applied for all potential candidates.

Mike