[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Vendors *pitching* ccTLDs to the Registrar Constituency

I'm not sure that Bob's recollection is totally correct. I recall
presentations from Neustar on behalf of .CN (ccTLD) and .PRO (new gTLD -
almost certainly paid-up to ICANN). I don't remember .TV or .CC talking to us.

However I am in agreement that as a formal ICANN constituency that the RC
should use all opportunities to ensure we support ICANN in every way we
can. I would certainly support a requirement that any organization wishing
to address the RC at its' meetings should be in full support of ICANN and
not be in default on any financial obligations to ICANN.

I don't know the status of any contributions to ICANN from the .CN
registry. Neustar who actually addressed us will almost certainly be
uptodate on .BIZ contributions, but .CN and .US may be different matters
perhaps?. In the case of our home market (UK) Internetters uses every
opportunity to encourage the .UK registry (Nominet) to take a full role,
financial and otherwise, within ICANN.

Kind regards,

Paul Westley
Internetters