[registrars]

[registrars] More on Whois

Folks,

Couple of further notes regarding yesterday's open invitation to a
community telecon on Whois.

So far, I've received on and off list responses from:

Paul Stahura
Michael Brody
Elana Broitman
Thomas Roessler
Thomas Keller (back to back, nice trick from the german team :)
Ken Stubbs
Margie Milam
Rick Wesson
Eric Brunner-Williams (ten.)
Michael Palage
Gretchen Olive

I think I may have missed one or two - drop me a note if you've RSVP'ed
and I've missed you.

Also, I've put together an informal "clearinghouse" for issue-related
information as we work through the discussion over the coming weeks. You
can visit this at http://www.byte.org/archives/on_whois/index.html

I have included a first draft of a "request for comments" entitled
"Navigating the Policy Implications of RFC 954 and Domain Name Whois in
the gTLD Environment" in the clearinghouse. Later, I will be including
some important links to other efforts, technical standards and the sort.
If you have anything of interest that I should include, please drop me a
note.

Lastly, it look likes the call will be scheduled for the AM, one week
from today, but the final details are still being sorted out.

More to come.

Thanks,

           -rwr

Ross Wm. Rader