[registrars]

[registrars] Redemption Grace Period

Hello,

I just received the latest .org mailing announcing the introduction of the now

mandatory RGP. The implementation especially the pricing is very similar to the

Verisign implementation except for a “good will clause” covering an incident were

more as 50 domains are inadvertently deleted. But even such an event is not free

of charge in the first five days.

Reading this I have to admit that I kind of lost my believe that this “overlooked issue”

can be resolved between registrars and registries in a friendly manner. The chance

of using this safety net as revenue machine seems to daring for the registries. In

the light of this I would like to suggest that we move forward to initiate an

Policy Development Process with ICANN (or a reconsideration process I’m not

sure what is more appropriate) to reinstate the “no charge five days pending delete

period” as already voted upon by the RC.

https://www.boardrooms.org/apps/org/workgroup/registrars/ballot.php?id=33&

Best,

tom

--