[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Constituency versus Trade Association

Mike:

It would be helpful here if you could expand on your view of the difference
between the constituency and a trade association, perhaps with specific
references to actions that one group would take that the other wouldn't.
Even more helpful would be wrapping some conext around this such as painting
these actions in the context of, say, new gTLDs or whois/privacy.

I confess I don't have a view on what you say below, but primarily because I
could not distinguish in my head between the two sufficiently. Especially
given that one group is formally inside the process and the other is not.

Also, it may be helpful if you could make those comments in light of the
fact that a number of companies are accredited registrars but do not
actively register domain names.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Elliot Noss