[registrars]

RE: [registrars] proposed new by law "amendments section" comments

Hello All,

One option is to include geographic diversity as one of the selection
criteria for an elected position - see for example the selection
criteria for ICANN Board directors.

You do not necessarily need to mandate geographic diversity (or as Paul
points out diversity on size, culture etc) - which may unduely restrict
the choices for a particular position.

As a general idea - I like the the development of selection criteria.
It helps make clear the role for both candidates and those doing the
electing.  Candidates for a position can state how they meet the
criteria - with the understanding that no one candidate is likely to
meet all criteria.  This was the process used in the recent GNSO
election.

Regards,
Bruce