[registrars]

[registrars] RE: Frustrated transfers from Register.com

At 03:40 PM 3/18/03 -0500, Elana Broitman wrote:
Please note that Register.com has checked its records.  For each of the names below, we had sent a confirmation notice to the email address listed in the administrative contact field.  Having received no response, we NACK'd the request. Attached is the explanation that we had sent to PSI, per our regular procedure.  If you believe that the customer has changed the administrative contact address, please have them change the Whois information.

Dear Ms. Broitman:

As we wrote to you several weeks ago, we have documents sealed by ANA in which they request that the sponsorship of their three domains be transferred to PSI-Japan.  I have had them sitting here on my desk since 26 February.

It is ian ndisputably fact that persons from countries where English is not their first language have difficulty with the Email messages that some registrars send to their registrants.

We send set notification Emails to registrants at their administrative contact email addresses in order to ensure that we are complying with our customer's instructions.  In the interest of security, we make it a practice to require confirmation prior to authorizing a transfer.

Contrary to the procedures in the approved Transfer TF report, you nack because of a lack of response to your emails.  That is clearly wrong.

Please, please have someone from the appropriate department contact me at +1.702.616.6019.

Sincerely, BobC

"A man convinced against his will,
 Is of the same opinion still:-("

Dr. Bray attributed that statement to the Talmud.

I have never verified his attribution.   But it sure describes President Chirac.

"My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts:-("

"Reason?  Reason?  There's no darned reason, it's just Policy!"