[registrars]

RE: [registrars] GNSO vote

Amadeu - I agree with your basic thesis. Please note that I specifically
indicated in my message to Bruce that "I am not questioning your
decision or those of the other Council reps. I have no reason to believe
that our representatives did not represent the wishes of our
constituency or in any way acted inappropriately, I simply want to
understand this specific point in more detail."

These questions come in the context of constituency by-law reform.
Without concrete understanding that is based in fact, it is difficult to
determine what the most responsible course of reformative action will
be.

Neither my request for clarification from Bruce, nor our proposal to
allocate votes stem from a desire to impose anything untowards on the
constituency. This stands in contrast to your implication that we or
others view our request as some sort binding mandate. The first is still
a request to consider a proposal and the second, a request for
procedural clarification.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I speak as someone who deals with
these various boards and councils from the outside, your insider
insights are very telling.

-rwr