[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Rejection transfer requests 30-45 days prior to expiration.

> In the past, there has been traffic on this list about the
> practice of some
> registrars nacking  automatically if the expiration date will
> come less
> than 30 (or even more) days.
>
> Is the practice being used by any of our registrars?  How
> does the Transfer
> TF report address this practice?

Recommendation 25.d is the most relevant -

25. Instances when the Losing Registrar may not deny a transfer include,
but are not limited to;
	d. Domain name registration period time constraints other than
during the first 60 days of initial registration.

There are explicitly only two time periods when a domain name may not be
transferred - 60 days after registration, or 60 days after transfer.

Arguably, those registrars that engage in this practice are allow to do
so under the current policy. Under the proposed policy, they will not -
but will undoubtedly find some other way to game the system.

-rwr