[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Access to nameservers recognized by .org

Bob,

> 3. Bod is telling me the only way I can determine whether a non .org
> nameserver (e.g. .com, .net, ccTLD) is recognized by PIR is to fiddle
> around with login and password to get into the PIR /admin service.

This can also be done via PIR's RRP with a "check nameserver" command.

Note that external host objects (i.e. nameservers ending with .COM, .NET,
.INFO, .BIZ, etc.) should not be registered at PIR with an IP address.  The
technical process you have to go through is the same as that which you have
to go through for .INFO, .BIZ, etc. domains using .COM or .NET nameservers.

Regards,

Mike Lampson
The Registry at Info Avenue, LLC
lampson@iaregistry.com

P.S. I'm in the process of setting up a web site for tracking .ORG Registry
issues (and this is one of them!).  I'm not ready to announce the URL quite
yet, but hope to over the weekend.  If anyone has any issues they'd like me
to include on the site, send me an e-mail.