[registrars]

[registrars] Access to nameservers recognized by .org

Dear Bruce:

We at PSI-Japan are very unhappy with the way nameservers are handled by PIR.

I am copying this Email to the RC list as I am sure others are having difficulties with the PIR nameserver procedures.

I asked this question before, but obviously did not get authoritative information.

1. For .com and .net nameservers, I could go to the Verisign-rgs whois web site and enter a nameserver name or IP address, click on the radio button for nameserver and determine whether Verisign-GRS recognized the nameserver.

2. I can still do that for a .org nameserver which was previously recognized by Verisign-grs.  Here is a printscreen of such an inquiry:

66dbbf.jpg

3. Bod is telling me the only way I can determine whether a non .org nameserver (e.g. .com, .net, ccTLD) is recognized by PIR is to fiddle around with login and password to get into the PIR /admin service.

That is just plain unsatisfactory.

Our staff in Japan is having fits with assisting customers with DNS changes in PIR.  The system is just plain unsatisfactory;-(  I think you know I'm thinking in much stronger words!!!

I await your call at +1.702.616.6019 or +1.702.616.9137.
Regards, BobC