[registrars]

RE: [registrars] UPDATE - Payment Information

Rob,

Not a dumb question at all.

Because the constituency has more money than it needs, it was decided by the
executive committee not to send out invoices for 2003 at this time.
Therefore, for purposes of voting privileges members that were in good
standing for 2002 were automatically granted good standing for this year
2003. Now the first invoices for 2002 were actually mailed in November 2001.
As stated in my previous email, funds received during this time were handled
by ICANN in our DNSO virtual account (see Excel spread sheet). Thus to
ensure that every account was properly credit and to prevent double
payments, we had to go back and look at payments received toward the tail
end of 2001.

This was an incredible pain in the butt, however, after reconciling bounced
wire transfers, returned checks, multiple ledgers, etc. there is now a
detailed accounting picture for the constituency, and the next elected
treasurer.

Hope that answers your question.

Mike