[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Proposed process to fill a casual vacancy as a registrars representative on the GNSO Council

Bruce,

> Thus we need to elect a replacement for Philipp Grabensee to
> take up the vacant GNSO Council seat immediately until the
> end of the current term -ie from March 03 to October 03.

Tucows would like to nominate Nezih (Jack) Erkman of 000Domains.

Nezih, a Turkish citizen, is currently the vice-president of 000domains, an
ICANN-accredited registrar. He is a principled business-person with a
practical and consultative approach to solving problems. He is well spoken,
fully aware of the myriad of issues that Registrars face in today's
increasingly competitive business environment and ready to go to bat for the
Constituency. Those of you that attended any of the ICANN or Registrar
Constituency meetings going back as far as Montevideo will likely have met
him. He has been deeply involved in the domain name business for a number of
years and has a correspondingly high awareness of the dynamics of the GNSO
as it relates to being a registrar.

I believe that Nezih would be an excellent representative of our
constituency and is fully capable of making a strong, positive contribution
to the work of the GNSO with the Council. He has Tucows fullest support for
this position.

> Thus the candidate must not be a officer, director or
> employee of the organisations above, and must be from one of
> the following regions:
>
> Europe
> Latin America/Caribbean Islands
> Africa

Based on my discussion with Nezih, it is my understanding that he meets all
of these qualifications. I will leave it for him to clarify any questions
that may arise regarding interests that he or 000Domains has
that might be of material interest to the membership during this election.

Regards,

-Ross