[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Re: Credit Card Proposal

Hi, all

Let me step for a few seconds with some wrods of advise for all those
registrars established/doing business within the EU.

Before agreeing on any system that implies sharing information about
customers, we should take adequate steps to "clen them" with both
competiton authorities (if the agreement can be constructed as an
incentive to collectivly reuse to deal with certain customers) and data
protection authorities (if there is any degree of data sharing that is
likley to identify the customers, one way or another). We have
experiences here, both at the European level (antitrust) and national
level (both antitrust and data protection) of participants to these
agreements being fined.

Indeed, not all sort of agreements are illegal, far from that. But is a
risky business, specially if you include identity information.

And I fully agree with Paul K: the time is still for putting pressure
upstream: banks, credit card companies and regulators....

Amadeu, wearing his laywer and former European Commission's DG
competition Policy staff hats....