[registrars]

[registrars] Re: Credit Card Proposal

I hate to muddy the issue here but there is an aspect of cc fraud that we
might be able to address within ourselves.

The people who commit credit card frud have become more sophisticated.  We
have had instances where a domain was registered with a fradulent card.
Aproximately 45 days after the registration we get notice from the credit.
When we confirm that this is indeed a legitmate chargeback and not an end
user error we then attempt to place the domain on hold.

At that time we find out that the domain has been transferred to another
registrar.  Calls to the 'gaining' registrar have been met with little to no
support.

If we were to put a system in place to work together on issues such as these
we might be able to at least partially address the credit card fraud problem
for issues of this nature.

Michael