[registrars]

[registrars] RE: Credit Card Proposal

Michael,

Thanks for this input, I have been collective information from registrars
and this is the one type of fraud I have been trying to document. The other
fraud I see is where a series of registrars will be hit up simultaneously, I
have seen credit card charge back statements with a whos who of ICANN
accredited registrars and resellers listed.

If you could share this information with me off-line and redacted, I will
include it in a compilation of material that I will be providing to the FTC.
The fact that someone waits till the last minute raises my suspicion level.

One of the issues that Tim at GoDaddy raised, and which I supported, was the
need for a lock down in connection with transfers to prevent a fraudster
from transferring names and racking up domain name years with stolen credit
cards. I still submit that a similar 60 day lock down on initial
registrations to prevent fraud should also apply to transfers to prevent
similar fraud, absent extenuating circumstances. Unfortunately, Tim and I
lost this battle :-)

Mike