From: Michael Brody [mailto:mbrody@tldsystems.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 3:29 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck
Cc: 'Bhavin Turakhia'; tim@godaddy.com; 'Patricio Valdes';
registrars@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] Canceling Renewals?

I do not understand how such a refund system could be costly to implement.
There is already a system in place that on days 1 - 5 the name can be
deleted and a refund is generated.  I am sure that the system checks at
the time of a deletion whether the domain is in the 5 day window and then
processes the refund.  To add in sub routines that say if the date is
between 5 and 30 days credit registrar $5 and if date is between 31 and 60
days credit registrar $4...

So if you could please explain to me why you feel the cost of implementing
the system would cause an overhead cost of more than $1 or $2 I would love
to understand.  On the other hand if you are telling me that the loss of
income from domains deleted in the first 60 days would put a financial
strain on the registry I would like to understand the dynamics of that
also.

You see I am new to this group and am still learning how everything works
so please educate me.

Michael
@com Technology LLC