[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Canceling Renewals?

Hi chuck,

I do not know about your level of technical expertise. I am not
disputing that handling 7 million queries a day is an easy task. However
I have personally been a coder since over 12 years now, and what michael
states is accurate. In this case the 7 million queries you refer to are
for the registry operations. That does not affect the refunding process
in anyways.

Picture the below

If domaincreationdate >= currentdate - 5
{
	$refundamount = $6 * noofyears
}

NOW CHANGE THE ABV STATEMENT TO

If domaincreationdate >= currentdate - 5
{
	$refundamount = $6 * noofyears
}
Else if domaincreationdate >= currentdate - 30
{
	$refundamount = ($6 * noofyears) - $1
}
Else if domaincreationdate >= currentdate - 60
{
	$refundamount = ($6 * noofyears) - $2
}

THAT IS IT. There is nothing more to it. To add and test this routine
would likely take less than one MAN DAY. And if one man day can help all
of us registrars combat fraud then as a registry I think I should have
lesser trouble and there would not require this much dialogue to sell it
internally.

I am quite sure that the registry is not looking at the refund being a
threat to revenues. On the contrary we as registrars would be far more
comfortable and do more business is we could sleep knowing that our
fraud losses are limited

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO & Chairman