[registrars]

[registrars] Canceling Renewals?

To all Registrars;

Im sure we are not the only Registrar out there that has had this happen to,
we accidentally renewed 30 domain names for a client for 4 years instead of
1. Verisign is telling us there is no way of getting these Credits back or
remove years to these names.

I really think this is way beyond ridiculous!

At this point we are really considering giving up being a Registrar, the
only people here winning are the Registry (Verisign) and a few big
Registrars.

ICANN has done nothing to help smaller Registrars or to booster competition
and it is nothing new that almost everything it does goes to support Network
Solutions and Verisign.

We never get involved in the discussions because we barely have time to run
the business, now we are regretting it.

How the hell did something like the Redemption Period and $85 charge get
approved? Sure as hell beats me.

If anyone knows of a buyer please let us know, we are really fed up with
ICANN, Verisign and Network Solutions controlling this business.

Anyone has any job openings?

Patricio Valdes
Parava Networks