[registrars]

[registrars] Transfers Update: Heads-up

Folks,

Not wanting to change the subject but I need to make an announcement...

Due to a technical error that was brought to my attention by a member of
the registry constituency, the Task Force has had to republish the
Transfers TF report. Inadvertently, an older iteration of the document
was posted to the GNSO website. The following transmittal to the GNSO
Council explains the entire situation. Note that no action on behalf of
the constituency is required at this point, this is simply an FYI for
the membership.

[Also note that the Names Council will be voting on this report during
their meeting tomorrow. I have not heard from our reps regarding their
intentions, but I am assuming that it will be consistent with the past
wishes of the constituency. As I mentioned, I would be happy to provide
a brief synopsis of the report and the Names Council vote during our
meeting on Friday afternoon, but do not expect to need the full hour
alloted to the subject on the agenda.]

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc12/msg00081.html

"The Transfers Task Force was advised on 02/19/2003 at 09:00 EST that
due to a technical error, the version of the transfers report that was
originally transmitted to Council on 2/14/2003 was not the correct
version. The Task Force had accepted the Implementation Committee
recommendations in large part, with only minimal exceptions, and had
portrayed that acceptance in a chart, embedded in the transmitted
report, "Detailed Implementation Analysis and Task Force Comments".
Regrettably, the version of the report transmitted did not include the
embedding of these accepted changes in the text of the report.

It was our intent to provide you with a redlined version, with the
changes in the chart above, embedded in the text for your convenience in
seeing what the version would look like with the recommendations
incorporated.

We apologize for this technical error.   Our intentions were to make
this simpler for you. Once again the chart in the version you received
on 2/14/2003 was correct.

We have providing the correct version of the report which has the text
of the changes in italic and strikethrough font and once again, includes
the chart described above which summaries the accepted clarifications of
language and notes in the chart any modifications.

We apologize for this error and thank the Council and constituency
members who called this to our attention.

The Task Force is fully prepared to respond to any questions during the
GNSO Council meeting scheduled for 02/20/2003."

The actual (correct version) document can be found here:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20030219.NCTransferTF-gaining-and-losing-
registrars.html

Thanks,

           -rwr