[registrars]

RE: [registrars] PersonalNames.com

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Michael D. Palage wrote:

> Rick,
>
> Has Alice Registry ever contacted any registries to solicite it services in
> connection with Fraudit?

sure, I've offered to run their names so they can assess potential
exposure and determine risk, I offered this in a private email to jeff
newman of .us, Since you sit on their policy council you probably knew
that.

In a private conversation with Hall Lubsen in Shanghai I discussed fraudit
with him but I haven't talked to him about it since, thanks for reminding
me to give them a call

So, whats with the finger pointing? Should the RC care about this?

> If Alice Registry was to provide this service to a registry would that bar
> your paricipation in the constiuency?

I doubt it. Fraudit is non-intrusive and can work from the public whois
Registries and Registrars can both benefit by using the technology to
mitigate fraud and their lower their charge back rates.

ok, I'll stop with the shameless plug...

I don't think selling a service like fraudit to a registry could give me
access to privileged information that the motion ross proposed would
prohibit.

any other questions Mr. Prosecutor?

-rick