[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Important Issues - Please Read

> Council's web site. Rick and Ross appeared to raise some concern with
their
> posts although I was not able to identify their specific concerns.

Nor has anyone asked us what those concerns are - which is a big part of
the problem. We're running a business here just like everyone else.
Typically when suppliers are thinking about changing the nature of their
relationship with their customers they tend to consult with their
customers. As far as I can tell, this isn't happening in this case to
any degree that we would be comfortable with. Were it not for a chance
post to a mailing list, our organization probably wouldn't have heard a
thing about how Neulevel is changing the rules until it had already
happened.

I would hope in the future that one of the registrars on the council, or
more appropriately, someone at Neulevel HQ, give their customers a
heads-up that changes of this ilk are coming down the pipe. A big part
of running a strong business lies with the organizations capability to
provide straight answers to tough questions when they are asked. We
can't do this if our suppliers are playing shell games with the rules.

                     -rwr

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
thought which they seldom use."
 - Soren Kierkegaard

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/blog