[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Washington Meeting Update

Mike,

Schlund will attend both meetings with two persons.

Best

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Erbprinzenstr. 4 - 12                                    Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76133 Karlsruhe, Germany                                 Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                                    tom@schlund.de

Am 17.01.2003 schrieb Michael D. Palage:
> Hello All:
>
> Here is where we stand with regard to the scheduled registrar/registry joint
> meeting in DC for next month.
>
> The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is holding a two day public
> workshop to combat cross-boarder on February 19th and 20th (Wed and Thu).
> Please see the following URL for a link to this event
> http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/12/crossborder.htm. I would personally recommend
> registrars to attend this event as this public/private sector workshop as on
> the 19th, representatives from the credit card industry will be in
> attendance to discuss credit fraud. As I have previously discussed with the
> list, credit card charge backs are a serious business concern in this
> industry. Registrar issues involving Whois and related issues will be the
> subject of a panel discussing during the second day of the workshop.
>
> I have confirmed with most of the major registries that they will be
> attending the joint meeting on Friday during which there will be a
> discussion/workshop on Whois, transfers and IDNs. I believe that face to
> face meetings and an exchange of ideas is critical to address these issues
> both now and into the future.
>
> What I now need from registrars is confirmation on who will be attending
> these events FTC and Registrar/Registry Joint Meeting. I need this
> information so that I can select the appropriate meeting facility on Friday.
> I have bids from two hotels in DC that will provide a block of rooms and
> accommodations. Based upon the number of attendees I may be able to get a
> better room rate. Therefore, please let me know ASAP if you will be
> attending and if you have reserved a room yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w

PGP signature