[registrars]

[registrars] Nomination

Hello All:

As discussed in Registrar Executive Committee minutes from last week, the
Registrar Constituency needs to select a delegate to serve on the ICANN
Nominating Committee. This Nominating Committee is tasked under the new
ICANN by-laws with the important responsibility of selecting half of the
ICANN Board directors. In accordance with the ICANN by-laws this delegate
should have the following credentials:

1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with
reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and
competence with collegial large group decision-making;

2. Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community,
and a commitment to the success of ICANN;

3. Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and
accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;

4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal
commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial
objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;

5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact
of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to
serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of
certain expenses; and

6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken
English.

After careful consideration I would like to nominate for consideration
Henning Grote of Deutsche Telekom AG for this position. I believe Henning is
uniquely qualified to serve in this capacity. Henning has been active in the
Registrar Constituency since its inception. Although Henning is not a vocal
advocate on some of the major issues we have addressed, he has attended
almost every Registrar meeting. I have found his feedback on various issues
invaluable over the years. I believe that his experience working for an
international telecommunication infrastructure provider and registrar is
critical and meets the requirements set forth for this position in the
by-laws. I also believe that Henning being a European delegate is important
diversity consideration.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage