[registrars]

[registrars] Robs thoughts on the Budget Committee

As most of you know, I have served on the budget committee for the last 2
years, and I look forward to representing you again.

For the record, I do not own any part of any Registry, nor do I serve in any
other capacity in the Registrars Constituency.  I have been glad to donate
my time to this critical function of the budget committee.

Over the last few budgets, we have seen some key issues arise. They include

1)  The ccTLD contribution (or lack thereof)
2)  The issue of Registrars funding ICANN vs. Registries, and the potential
lessening of our voice
3)  The increasing of our fees due to lack of others participation or a
broadening of ICANN.

We need a stable ICANN.  I have worked hard in the past to ensure a stable,
functional ICANN, that meets our needs, and I will continue to work towards
this goal if elected.

This year it is key to have strong voices on the committee, as the very
structure of ICANN is changing.  Any new funding must be tempered with an
increase in service, not just adding fat.

I also believe there needs to be some diversity of size of Registrar on the
committee.  I represent NameScout.com, a mid sized Registrar.  The fees we
pay to ICANN will be greater than some (Rick) and less than others (Paul and
Elana). (Ken, I am not sure what fees you pay to ICANN, so I was unable to
comment on your size).

I look forward to serving on this committee again, and bringing the
committeess past history history and my experience into play on our behalf.

Rob