[registrars]

RE: RE: [registrars] budget committee

Since we will be having a formal vote regarding our budget committee reps,
I'd like send out my thoughts to the list.

1) I think I'm the only person "running" who is not involved
in other formal registrar constituency committees/excom/roles.
I think it is a good idea to spread-out the involvment across more people.

2) I'm not involved in any registries so I don't think I have a conflict
there.
I'll focus on representing registrars' point of view.

3) I think the registrars should fund the budget, not the registries.
If the registries pay, it will be passed to us anyway.

4) eNom was a small registrar (I've been involved since fall of 1997)
so I know what that is like, and I know the concerns of larger registrars,
as well.

5) I think we need a strong ICANN: 1.0, 2.0, X.0 or whatever,
and I'm not opposed to paying more if we benefit more.
Direct benefit to registrars, sure, but we shouldn't forget
benefit to other groups indirectly benefits us too.

6) I, like everyone, am for an efficient ICANN

Thanks
Paul